• Learn whether your home, school or place of work is at risk of flooding.
• Find alternate routes to important locations.
• Have a "Go Bag" ready.
• Make a family communications plan.
• If evacuation orders are issued in advance, follow them.
During a Flood
• Never drive or walk into flood waters.
• If told to evacuate, do so immediately.
• Get to higher ground.
• Get information from local tv/radio or your mobile phone.
After a Flood
• Avoid damaged areas and flood waters.
• Heed road closed and other cautionary signs.
• Wait for the “all clear” to enter a flood damaged structure.
• Contact your loved ones via text or social media to keep phone lines clear.
- Floods ?
- Flood-related injuries and death
- Flood Preparedness Takes Action
- Flooding: Are you Prepared?
- Inland Flooding and Hurricane Winds ?
- What is a Flood Warning? What is a Flood Watch?
- Flooding happens: Everywhere
- Flood Safety
- Spring is approaching are you flood ready?
- Flood Risk Mapping Guidelines and Standards